Saturday, February 25, 2012

Farewell Guatemala!

This will be my last post as we are leaving at 11:00 for the airport.  Nicki will send a text this morning with our flight information.  The volunteers are busy packing up their things as we prepare to return home.  It is a bittersweet time and the students are very emotional......they are so excited to share what they have seen with all of you but still realize that there is so much that still needs to be done in this beautiful country.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your continued support.

Below is a photo from last night.....our send off dinner.

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of each & everyone of you! What a difference you have made..I know how I feel just looking @ the beautiful pictures. I can't imagine how this Country & it's people have affected you. We will all be waiting @ the airport & can't wait to hear all the stories. Dylan, I have missed you so much & I am very anxious to see you! You have made us so proud & I admire you for all you have done. It's an experience of a lifetime that you will always keep close to your heart. To the chaperones...thank you for giving these kids such a life changing opportunity! I enjoyed every post & all of the pictures..THANK YOU. See you all in a few hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to the Infinity organization & Hearts in Motion for giving a life changing opportunity/experience to the youth of our community in helping others that are not as fortunate as ourselves. The photos were great and we look forward to hearing the details/stories about the trip. We are so proud of Alex and this group of young adults. Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that each and everyone of you will make a big change in the lives of our future. God Bless Our Youth ! It is up to our children to help make the world a bettr place. I hope this will be an inspiration to your peers. Kim, Anxious to see you and hear about your trip. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete